Elemental Fire Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Type an RP Segment (Optional)

Go down

How to Type an RP Segment (Optional) Empty How to Type an RP Segment (Optional)

Post  Von Ryan Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi folks,

I'm the VGM in charge of the RP segment editing, among other talents.

To help me, Kaluani and all the other so far undecided managers it would be great if you guys could type out your rp segments in the following format. This is OPTIONAL, I just ask that you use this format if you have time.

Show format example: (this is how we want it to look in our show)

Scooby Doo: "Ru-rhoo, Shaggy."
-
Scooby Doo jumps into Shaggy's arms as Shaggy's legs start to shake uncontrolably in fear!
-
Ghost Wrestler, looking meanacing: "Ha-ha! I will destroy you meddling kids in the ring tonight!"
-
Velma: "Jeepers creepers!"
-
The Mystery Van suddenly pulls up into the parking lot and out jumps Freddy and Daphne each in their wrestling tights and with folding metal chairs!
-
Closing in on the Ghost Wrestler Freddy and Daphne ambush him with MORTAL chair shots!!!
-
The Ghost Wrestler falls to the ground stunned!!!
-

OK, so that was a silly example but its how it is done.

Again, using the show format is COMPLETELY optional, we want you to RP no matter how you write it up. Any rp segments not in show format I will make it into show format before putting it into the show.

Tips:

1. Your wrestler name and other peoples should be black and bold. Put a colon at the end.

example: Scooby Doo:

2. What your wrestler, or other people, say should be in bold and italicied. It should be colored and everyone's 'speech' should be a different color.

example: Scooby Doo: "Ru-roo, Shaggy."

3. Actions taken by you or anyone else should NOT be in bold and should be black in color.

example: Scooby Doo jumps into Shaggy's arms as Shaggy's legs start to shake uncontrolably in fear!

4. Always put a - where a space should be. This is because that is the way the shows read blank spaces.

example:
Von Ryan flexes his muscles to the lady fans!
-
The ladies faint!

5. Optional: If you want to include some sort of attack and damage go ahead and put it in bold and in red just like a weapon hit or finisher is shown in a wrestling match. This is completely optional, you can do it however you'd like.

example: Closing in on the Ghost Wrestler Freddy and Daphne ambush him with MORTAL chair shots!!!

6. If your new to posting rp segments get familiar with the buttons above the area you write your text into. Its alot like Microsoft Word only more basic. The button at the far right (the double A) is a good button to use because it shows how your segment will look instead of showing you the code.

7. It is a good idea to always copy what you've written before hitting send. Because sometimes the game screws up and loses your post. You copy by highlighting your work and then pressing Ctrl and C. You paste the normal way: point, right click, paste.

8. If you don't have time to do the above: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. Thats my job. I included this post so you know what to do if you have time to help us out.

9. MAKE RPs and HAVE FUN!

-- Von Ryan
Von Ryan
Von Ryan

Back to top Go down

How to Type an RP Segment (Optional) Empty RP editing Credit Due

Post  Von Ryan Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:34 am

Just want to give credit due to Yellow Girl!

Yellow has been basicly editing RP segments to make them fit into our show format since last season. Which makes my job ALOT easier when it comes to putting them into the show and adding pics.

She doesn't change or edit the content of your RP except to make it fit into show format. Its my job to edit RP content if it breaks our few little rules. And by the way, I have had to change very little content so far, you guys are on the ball when it comes to RPing.

Keep up the great work Yellow Girl and all you RPers out there in EFW land! Wink
Von Ryan
Von Ryan

Back to top Go down